Thursday, September 17, 2009

Mid Century Drab to Fab

I purchased this 3 drawer chest from the Salvation Army for $14.99. It was a brown veneer mess, but I could see potential in the clean lines and sleek legs. Thinking I could give it a new life, I took it home and gave it a good cleaning.

I have another chest similar in size with mirrored drawers, painted in a sea foam green. I took one of the drawers to a Benjamin Moore dealer and had a quart of paint custom matched.
I primed the piece using KILZ spray paint, and then applied two coats of the custom BM color. Instead of buying new hardware, I spray painted the existing knobs with a metallic silver paint.
Finally, I sanded and stained the legs with an espresso stain, transforming this Salvation Army find for a total of $55.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. What do you think?

Related Posts with Thumbnails