Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Holy Cow

If you haven't noticed yet, I'm a big fan of animal print. I've focused a lot on zebra print, but another has now caught my eye. The cow hide can be quite beautiful in interiors, especially in the light cream and tan palette. I'm dying to use it in a project. I've seen it used a lot on rugs, pillows, ottomans, and even chair and sofa upholstery.


Above: Cow hide rugs in soft and light colors add a sophisticated touch to sleek & classic interiors. The shape of these rugs offers minimal coverage, still allowing the wood floor to be seen. images via decor pad, Veranda, House & Home



Above: A more bold hide is used in contrast with bright colors such as orange and green. images via Brown Button Blog





Above: If you love animal print as much as I do, you might even take it this far. You can find a toilet seat made from oak, cow hide, and brass nail head to adorn your throne. Seen at http://www.rods.com/ for $89-114.95.

2 comments:

  1. I'm a big fan of animal print too but I can't sell it to anyone for the life of me, paisley too, even when I find a great feminine paisley, nope!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Count me in too! Love the cowhide rugs.....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. What do you think?

Related Posts with Thumbnails