Friday, January 15, 2010

Designer Tip: Towel Troubles

I'm having an issue with towel storage in my bathroom.  There is a nook filled with a radiator that I would love to build shelves within, to hold folded towels.  The problem is that one of the walls is not straight...creating a problem that shelving would have to taper in size from front to back.  I'm just not sure I'm up to the challenge.  Also, the walls are old and crumble easy so I can't hang hooks.  The door is not an option, too small, and the cabinet is already full.


I ordered a towel ladder from Amazon, got it, threw some towels on it, and am not quite loving it.  It's only 60" high, so it's a little diminutive and flimsy.  It doesn't hold that many towels either.  It's going back.  So, while looking for solutions, I found some cute ideas.  If I can't use them, maybe you can...                          


A window box mounted inside stores towels without using counter or cabinet space. 
Stackable wine racks are the perfect size for rolled up towels.
source                                                                         source

A nice antique piece could store plenty of folded towels if you have the room.


I'm thinking that the wine rack idea might be a solution I could use....it just might be constly since the wine racks are $10-12 each.  I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. What do you think?

Related Posts with Thumbnails