Monday, April 19, 2010

Sneak Peek: Master Bedroom Project

I've got an exciting new project in the works, a master bedroom that needs some personality and finishing touches.  The client wants some green in the room, so I went looking for inspiration.  I went into JoAnne's Fabric store and found a huge bin of fabric swatches that they were selling for $2 each.  I found 6 swatches that I loved which had greens, browns, soft blues, and creams. 
What am I doing with these fabric swatches?  Pillows!  2-sided pillows to toss on the bed. 
No matter which side of fabric they land on, they'll look great. 
Each swatch was an 18" square, so very little effort was needed to make these pillows.  With a sewing machine I sewed together 3 sides, slipped in the pillow inserts, folded in the ends of the remaining open side and then sewed up that side.
Voila!  3 pillows with tons of personality.

4 comments:

  1. Ok I am loving those fabrics and they have blue and green in them!

    I can't wait to see what you have in mind for my room!!!

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice collection of pillows. It will be interesting to see the room they are for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I didn't know you could sew! Jealous. I need a refresher so I can start making things too! These look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow you are so talented. I came over to say hi and welcome. I love the sea foam mist pictures...gorgeous.
    xxx DJ

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. What do you think?

Related Posts with Thumbnails