Saturday, May 15, 2010

Brimfield Baby!

You know when you go shopping with money in your pocket and you can't find anything you like, that fits, or that you can afford?  That was my day at Brimfield, what feels like the world's biggest flea market ever, located in Massachusetts. 
I spent the day shopping with my friend Casey over at Loft and Cottage.  After 5 hours, we decided to call it quits.  So what did I have in my bag?  A vintage cotton nightgown and a bag of kettle popcorn. 

But we did see some beautiful furniture and accessories!  I was drawn to the tents displaying shabby white painted furniture, distressed Swedish items, and a few things zebra.







Amazing black coral in rustic white frames...
and a little zebra at Marvin Gardens' tent.  They had great style and gorgeous displays.  Love the chests filled with plants! (above)

And Lone Ranger Antiques had a gigantic tent filled with Swedish Country furnishings and Swedish Mora Clocks.  We spoke with Jeff who travels to Sweden for 5 months each year and ships the furniture to Florida.  His collection was beautiful and the chairs and benches were upholstered in muslin.













I fell in love with this desk and chair.  The owner had painted them both a shiny black.  The drawer was lined with a graphic black & white wallpaper and the desk chair was upholstered with fabric that matched the drawer lining.  It was an adorable set and I loved that special detail.  (below)

The lined drawer and the matching chair (tucked behind the desk)
While I didn't come home with any amazing deals, it was a good day and I got some great ideas for future projects.

7 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, this is my kind of place....I may have to rebroadcast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking and reading your post reminds me of my recent trip to Pasadena's enormous Flea Market last weekend. Here is the link if you'd like to read and take a look at what I found astonishing...

    http://gettingsomefunoutoflife.blogspot.com/2010/05/post-sunday-kind-of-love.html

    I love this desk too Erica. I am sure if I had money enough and was in your town I'd grab it and take it home. I am looking for a vanity for myself to place in my bedroom and this would work together with it's chair. Love that lining paper, love to find something like that at least to line my bathroom drawers and shelves.

    ox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erica, I wanted to come by and thankyou so much for following my blog,It is so nice to see your pretty face on my sidebar. I am sorry nothing got to come home with you from Brimfield. That has been a dream trip of mine for years but coming from Calif it would take lots of planning. At least you got to have some fun time with your friend, I look forward to seeing you again, Love your blog,kathysue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Their are some beautiful pieces of furniture

    ReplyDelete
  5. totally exhausted though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Swedish Mora clock make quite the statement. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. What do you think?

Related Posts with Thumbnails