Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Pops of Porcelain Blue

I've always liked the porcelain blue patterns I see on plates, ceramic stools, and in fabrics.  But I never could commit to the color scheme of just blue and white.  Now, after seeing this image, I'm convinced that a few touches of the pretty porcelain can work in a room with other colors and patterns. 

This room by designer Samantha Pynn incorporates soft pink and white stripes and a tall wallpapered wall into the mix.  I think it's quite stunning and the blue looks incredible.

8 comments:

  1. I totally agree Erica. Reminds me of this
    http://www.saratuttle.com/index2.php#/gallery1/1/

    -Rene

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I am designing my new living room around porcelain blue prints :)
    <3 Cara

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh i love that garden seat used at the vanity...such a pretty idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've added a few touches of blue and white to my living room where darker colors seem to preside, and love it. I agree completely that blue and white is versatile and complementary. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the garden stool! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want the vanity! I'd take the stool too.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is gorgeous! love the pops of blue in quite a feminine room.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love blue and white porcelain in rooms with more color: oranges, reds and pinks are particularly lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. What do you think?

Related Posts with Thumbnails