Thursday, July 1, 2010

It's All in the Accents

The overall feel of yesterday's discussion of Solid vs. Pattern was to use solid prints on large pieces of furniture and use patterned prints on pillows and accents.  Some agreed that if money were no object, you might take a chance and spring for a pattern.

Here's taking it one step further and adding one patterned piece, a zebra print ottoman, and keeping the rest of the furniture neutral.  A striped rug and patterned pillows top it off.  via:  Waterleaf Interiors

To me, zebra or any animal print, coordinates with almost anything, so it's kind of like a neutral.



8 comments:

  1. This image is perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Erica,
    How pretty this room is. I have a few yards of the brown and flax linen color zebra fabric. It's a large print and I'm waiting for the perfect piece to use it on. I almost used it for the slipper chair, but changed my mind at the last minute. An ottoman would be perfect for it.
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely! I love me some animal print. It can work in almost any room.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that looks great!
    <33

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love your design blog! It is so fun. Thanks for writing to me so I could find you.

    Off to read more . . .

    Marcie

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a gorgeous image. Everything in the room just 'sits' so well.
    Angex

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everybody needs a little zebra.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i agree, zebra print is like a neutral. and it adds such a great element to any room!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. What do you think?

Related Posts with Thumbnails