Monday, July 5, 2010

Manly Monday: Brilliant Boy's Room

This looks nothing like any boy's room that I've seen (not that I've seen a ton).  There are no navy comforters from Walmart, hunter green sheets, and frame-less posters mounted on the wall with push pins.  No, this boy's room has style.  It's brilliant.

Let's start with the wall color, a dusty, almost grey shade of blue that is a step above the ubiquitous baby blue we all know.  Then the headboard, with it's dark espresso and lighter tan stripes, stands out nicely against the light wall.  The dark, lacquered furniture adds that sleek and cool feel to the room any teen aged boy would love. 

Plaid window panels, flannel and cotton bedding, and a neutral wool rug tone down the sleek and remind us that it's a boy's room with comfortable, casual touches.  Designer:  Sarah Richardson

4 comments:

  1. What a great room. It can grow with him for years and years. It looks very manly. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. This room is amazing. I would love it myself. I am currently painting my 16yo son's room and he wants a black wall - give me strength!
    Angex

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic room. I am currently building and renovating, and my greatest challenge is the decorating of the rooms for my three teenage boys. Every other room in the house is coming together nicely, but I have struggled with the 'problem' of how to do my sons rooms. I now have some inspiration. Thank you.
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sophisticated for a boy's room. Esp love the light fixture; it's really unique.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. What do you think?

Related Posts with Thumbnails