Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Colorful Furniture

A lot of people purchase neutral home furnishings and bring in the color with accents.  Why not do the opposite?  Give your room that punch of color it deserves with bright and bold furniture.  It makes a statement, and it's not really that crazy if you go neutral with everything else...

Image:  Katie Ridder via Decor Pad


    
IKEA Hemnes Dresser in Blue, $299:  Hemnes Linen Cabinet in Red, $249.00:  Malm Console in Red, $79.99 and Lack Side Table in Yellow, $7.99

12 comments:

  1. I love that bright orange console. How did you know that I am trying to convince my husband that this is OK?

    -Rene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Erica!

    Don't you just love IKEA?
    I have a couple of those side tables...

    xo Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you, as my home reflects (haha). I do need to bring in a few more neutral items though to tone down the colors in my family room. My red chairs, brown sofa, gold walls with striped window treatment panels is a color festival. Time to bring in some canvas tones. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen! Especially great when you're working with an inexpensive piece. Sure, I wouldn't drop $3k on a pink sofa, but repainting a cheap Craigslist find or IKEA piece pink? Absolutely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the use of bright orange with neutral beige in this room. Looks warm and inviting. xo style, she wrote

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful...and is it my imagination...or is Ikea getting better and better?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I cannot believe the price on some of these....I really need to visit IKEA. BTW, I have a pink (or Cranberry if my husband is asking) silk sofa in my living room and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this trend! It's such a great way to rehab old furniture, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definitely a cool way to add some punch to a room! I'm in love with that Malm console!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. What do you think?

Related Posts with Thumbnails