Monday, September 20, 2010

Manly Monday: What a Real Man Thinks

My boyfriend is sitting next to me as I write this post, and is rushing me so we can watch the original Wall Street movie, to prep me for the sequel.  So, rather than wracking my brain for a description of this room, I decided to ask him if he likes this room.  His reaction:

  • "What's that?" referring to the wood bowl-like container on the table
  • "Is that supposed to be a dining table?  It's a picnic table, right?"
  • "I don't know how comfortable I'd be sitting in one of those chairs for dinner."
  • "Maybe with a pipe and a robe it would be comfortable."

So, that's today's take on Manly Monday by a real man sitting on a sofa next to me as we wait for our Thai food to be delivered.  Designer:  Jeff Andrews

11 comments:

  1. Erica that's so funny:D
    I actually laughed out loud! He sounds like most men. They say what they think and I love that!
    My husband doesn't even notice when I completely change the wall color in a room.
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. so true! I wouldn't want to be one of the people who get's "the bench seat"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think that I would want to sit on the bench to eat dinner ... for aesthetic an A, but for actual function D-

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's all about the double identical mirrors and chairs. So cozy.

    http://singaturestyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha great post! It's so funny to hear what guys think of our interior design obsessions!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! I love hearing what real men think!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, that sounds like exactly the sort of thing my husband would say!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its so fun what guys think about it all:) Great post:)
    Kisses my dear

    ReplyDelete
  9. This man says those leather wingbacks are hot!

    ReplyDelete
  10. His reaction was really funny, but he did say that he liked the look. I agree, those leather chairs are so cool and the leaning mirrors are so dramatic. I could totally picture Thanksgiving dinner in this room being beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. What do you think?

Related Posts with Thumbnails