Thursday, September 23, 2010

The Unexpected

I'm a big fan of symmetry and love using matching nightstands and a pair of lamps beside a bed.  However, sometimes the unexpected can add a little pizazz to a space, giving the room some personality and visual interest.
Who would have thought to paint the ceiling green?  Interior designer Liz Williams did.  It's a very fresh and crisp green, especially paired with the bright white walls.  Also, another unexpected touch is the basket-like piece above the bed (any idea what it is?).  It adds some depth to the room with a touch of a deeper brown hue.

9 comments:

  1. I really wanted to pain the ceiling in our house, actually. I'm still thinking about it, but I want to finish the whole room and see if it'll be too much. I love the idea of painting the ceiling. I've seen some fantastic images of spaces like that. I love it.

    I'm opposite to you - I love all things asymmetrical. There is something about finding unexpected balance in asymmetry that I absolutely love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This room is pretty much my ideal, the lamps are to die for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that room. It's very peaceful. The many green touches are fresh and just awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love symmetry. Maybe it's the Libra in me. The whole room is pretty perfect and no, I don't know what that brown thing is, but I do see them often. The shade mounted high is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think every room needs a little whimsey. Beautiful room. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah I love a painted ceiling, especially with white walls and especially in a bed room. In fact, my bedroom's ceiling is painted a stormy silver-gray. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a light aqua ceiling in my bed room and I Love it...so tranquil!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The basket above the bed is a tobacco basket. This room is ME! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Gina, glad to know exactly what that is above the bed! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. What do you think?

Related Posts with Thumbnails