Thursday, October 14, 2010

Project: Lamp Re-Vamp

Lighting is one of my first projects to tackle in my new digs.  The BF had this floor lamp that was a little dated.  The brass base didn't bother me as much as the tiny pleated lamp shade did, so, after a little compromising with the BF, it was decided that a new shade would do the trick.

I replaced the tiny pleated shade with a large tan linen drum shade, and I think it made quite a difference...
Before                                                            After

Before                                                                 After

6 comments:

  1. Love the shade! Where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Changing the shade really fancied that lamp right up. It looks like a high end lamp now.

    -Rene

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Carollynn! We have 2 lamps in the bedroom that I stole the shades from to use in the living room re-vamp. We had purchased those from TJ Maxx. Now I'm going to replace the shades in the bedroom with some new patterned ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Rene, I agree, I really love it now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the shade. Easy upgrade.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the drum shade. I wouldn't have thought of that. Looks wonderful. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. What do you think?

Related Posts with Thumbnails