Thursday, November 4, 2010

GOURD-geous Centerpiece...

Towards the end of this Summer, my mom purchased about 50 small butternut squash from her local farmer's market. I'm not exaggerating, 50.

As long as you keep them in a cool spot, they will keep for some time.  They are sitting in a plastic bin in her hall.  Every time I visit, she wants me to take some squash...

So, when I came across this photo, I had to send it to her.  It's such a cute and creative centerpiece, perfect for  Thanksgiving.  Simply cut off the top of the squash and carve it out.  Use different sizes to create a great vignette.

6 comments:

  1. Very clever. Thanks for your comment. I just became a follower of your blog. Please come follow me too. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really a fabulous idea to use them as a vase.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a great idea...I really love how those look
    Kisses my dear

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! That's too funny about your mom. No lie - My mom literally just bought 50 lbs. of butter just because it was on sale, and she keeps trying to send it home with me, too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. What do you think?

Related Posts with Thumbnails