Monday, December 13, 2010

Manly Monday: Dark Side

Working with clients, I often hear how they don't want their wall color to be too dark.  Why are we so afraid of color on the walls?  A dark color creates the illusion of more space, as corners and architectural details blend together when covered in a dark hue.  Dark walls can be sumptuous, attention grabbing, and extremely cozy.

Dark walls also make your fabrics stand out - and with colorful fabrics and fun geometric patterns like this, you want them to be front and center.  Images via:  Christina Murphy Interiors

7 comments:

  1. What an awesome, rich, cozy room. Good point about how dark colors can actually create an illusion of more space. Wish more people would embrace their dark side too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally drooling over that second area rug!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe my tastes are more masculine, but I always enjoy your manly posts. Love those rich colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like! Esp the first room- great coffee table.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the mix of patterns. It's nice to see a room that has some personality

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore that first room..Its stunning
    Kisess, my dear

    Ps: I am hosting a charming scarf GIVEAWAY today, just in time for cozy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Erica,
    I hope you had a great Christmas! I havn't had time to blog lately. I'm soooo enjoying just strolling through your blog. It's one of my favorites. Your bedroom is amazing! The colors are gorgeous. It's so unique and refreshing.
    I also saw the dining room pic you found with the peacock feather wallpaper and the upholstered chairs. I want that room bad!!lol
    I already miss my dining room. I may try to put it back together. Maybe I'll try a combo sitting and dining this time to keep me satisfied for awhile. lol
    You are so inspiring!
    Have a Wonderful New Year! I hope your business flourishes in this upcoming year. You're so talented.
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. What do you think?

Related Posts with Thumbnails